Wednesday, November 03, 2010

November

New month, new goals.
First and foremost: START WAKING UP EARLIER!! I need to leave my house by 6:40 in order to avoid tolls and arrive at work by 7:30. Lately, I’ve been waking up at 6:25. As a result, I look absolutely terrible. And I don’t want to look like that. I want to take my time to get ready and just look simply terrible instead of absolutely terrible. So I want to wake up no later than 5:45. And in order to do that, I think as soon as I get home I’m going to start getting ready for bed. I know that sounds absurd, it takes me 30+ minutes to get ready for bed. So, if I put on my PJ’s and wash my face as soon as I get home, when it’s time to go to bed I simply have to brush my teeth and TA DA! I’m ready to go to bed!
Secondly, I want to have a better attitude towards Thanksgiving. Now don’t get me wrong, I love giving thanks, God is awesome and amazing and everything that is good… however stuffing and yams and cranberry sauce and I don’t really get along. Basically, I just don’t need to say “ugh, I want to shoot myself in the face” when referring to Thanksgiving.
Thirdly, I need to handle stress better. I need to find an outlet. My nails are atrocious from biting them (and I was doing so well!), my poor husband feels the brunt of it (not very often), and my thighs are growing as we speak.
Ok, three big things for the month of November should do it.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Daylight savings time is this weekend...so you'll get an extra hour of sleep. That should help a little,right? :))

Sufoot said...

Maybe you can find your own special Thanksgiving dish to bring whereever you're going to be. Even if it's not "Thanksgiving-y". In our family, years ago, my brother started a tradition that we have dirty rice with Thanksgiving. And we still do it! Start your own Thanksigiving food tradition that YOU like. ...And then cook it! You can do it!