Monday, October 25, 2010

Update

Hey! Wuz up? Nuttin’ much here.

Hehe! Remember junior high?! Good times! I bet kids nowadays don’t even pass notes in class anymore…they just text. What a shame.

Anyway…the point of the post was just to let you, my loyal followers, all 3 of you, what has been going on around here.

I was planning on doing a “Best Aunt Ever!” post. I was going to visit my sister and nephews and watch their football games and make signs and wear game shirts!... but Maggie (the puppy) hasn’t had all of her shots so she couldn’t stay at the PetHotel. So alas, it has been reduced to sending them Halloween pencils. The oldest may be too old for them, but it’s the thought that counts, right?!
I wanted to throw a huge UFC (Ultimate Fighter Championship) party Saturday night. I was envisioning red and black plates and napkins, snacks, plenty of seating… but everyone had already eaten and I just simply didn’t have enough comfortable seating for everyone and I’m too poor to go buy something. So again, alas, we just simply had people over and sat around watching the fights.
I did, however, buy a super cute tablecloth from Target, along with napkins, and napkin rings. And I sat my table. 
Unfortunately, I only have 3 chairs so I only made 3 place settings. In my copious free time, I’ll iron everything, but until then they will just stay wrinkled :)
I really want to make a fall wreath I saw on BHG.com, maybe when my mom comes to town. I’m supposed to plant pansies in October, but you’re insane if you think I’m going to do it by myself!
 
This weekend is Halloween, and I can’t tell you how much I’m not looking to it! But I’m trying super hard to get into the spirit, so maybe I’ll post something later in the week!
The next weekend Tami is going to take our family picture for our Christmas card! What should I wear? Something festive? Or something more generic? You tell me!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

You're not looking forward to Halloween? That's unAmerican.
I bet if you had a super cool party to attend at some point over the weekend, you'd change your mind.

Linz said...

Agreed! Too bad I'm never in town for Halloween anymore or I would totally throw one and invite you!!

Maybe next year...can someone please hold me accountable for that comment? I'll just have a party the weekend before or something like that.

I guess it'll be a Chalmers Halloween party, not a Leach party. Weird.

Emily said...

Taylor, if I had a great costume idea, maybe I'd be a little more excited! Got anything? I was thinking Jay and I could wear white shirts and jeans and just pose awkwardly for pictures and be "Awkward Family Photos" but I know you disagree with acting as characters.

Taylor said...

I think "Awkward Family Photos" would be a great idea. You just have to dress absolutely identical. And I don't mind character acting as long as the costume works without it!

Linz, I was being sarcastic. She's coming to our Halloween party. The one that you're apparently gonna be out of town for. I guess I won't waste an evite on you.