Saturday, November 06, 2010

Halloween!

Well, not everything went according to plan, but that’s ok. Originally, I wanted Jay and me to go as Awkward Family Photos. Wear white shirts and jeans like most portraits, even pin “awakwardfamilyphotos.com” to our shirts, and just pose awkwardly for pictures. But Jay wanted a real costume. About 12:30 on Hallow’s Eve afternoon we brave the Halloween stores. Jay discovers a Michael Myers (Halloween movies) mask and decides that’s what he wants to be! “Great! Now what I am going to be?!” I say to myself and probably to him as well. Anyway, to make a long story short, we decide to buy real blue coveralls, not the thin fake ones the costume stores sell. It took us a little bit, but we found them at Wal-Mart (although crowded and most often gross, Wal-Mart is really there for you when you need them). But by now it’s 2:30, we have to be at the party by 5:30, I still have to bake cookies, so I turn to my good friend Tracy as ask to borrow her “nice” witch costume. 
My only attempt at a costume was my “smoky eyes.”

 

We make it to the party on time, we have a blast, and we even played my favorite game – FRIENDS Scene it! The girls lost, but the questions weren’t fair at all.

No comments: