Saturday, February 04, 2012

Making Baby Food


I’ll go ahead and say it, I’m not a good cook. I don’t usually burn anything, I just don’t like flavor and don’t have patience to do step heavy recipes. Therefore, making baby food is right up my alley! Granted, I’ve only made two vegetables.

I researched a lot about baby foods on Wholesome Baby Food site; and I bought a recipe book because I like paper. 

I steamed my carrots (I had to have the process of steaming spelled out to me because I didn’t know how), but I’ve read microwaving actually holds in the nutrients better.

Once soft, I pureed them using a Cuisinart Stick Blender. I got it as a wedding gift, and it works perfectly. Plus it’s easy to use and easy to clean.


I used Babies R Us frozen food trays, but I don’t like them. You think you close them with plenty of room to expand but then once in the freezer the lid pops. Plus, they give you two cups per food when once carrot takes 4+ cups. I will probably switch to regular ice cube trays.

I’ll keep y’all updated!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Great job on the baby food. Does Ethan like his carrots?