Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hypotheticals

One of my favorite things to do is to name hypothetical babies.

Ethan was “Ethan” long before Jay and I accidentally conceived him :)

We have no immediate plans on having another baby. I REPEAT I AM NOT PREGNANT!

However, we are already thinking about what if we have a second boy. We already have a girl name, Jillian Kennedy, but what if we have a boy?!

We have gone thru the alphabet, name things as we drive down the road, paid attention to names as we watch football and this is all we’ve come up with… Evan Cooper Strode.

Molly brought up a good point that Evan is awfully close to Ethan, but who knows maybe he’ll go by Cooper (or Coop for short).  And Emmitt is awfully close to Emily.

We may never use this name, but with so many people around us having babies, I just wanted to throw it out there. If you steal it, that’s fine, but just know I have proof we came up with it first :)

I tried to get Jay to come up with a second girl name, but that’s where he drew the line with hypotheticals.

Do you have any suggestions?!

I’ll leave you with a quote/paraphrase of a FRIENDS episode I saw the other day…
Rachel: I think about what we are going to have for dinner or whose place we’re going to stay at. Not what our future child’s name is going to be. Oh [no]! You know what our child’s name is going to be!
Ross: Well, I was reading a book and I really liked the name Emily.
Rachel: What book were you reading, Ross?
Ross: The Big Book of Baby Names.
Hehe.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Love Evan Cooper! My oder brother's name is Tim (Tami) so our names are awfully close too. And it's kinda cool from a sibling standpoint. Plus, when they get in trouble you'll be shouting "Ethan James!" and "Evan Cooper" so there won't be any mix ups. hehe