Friday, April 01, 2011

April’s Resolutions:

I am nesting. Not because I’m ready for this baby to come. And not because I’m confident in being a parent just yet. I am nesting because I know I have so much progress to make that it’s going to take several months.
So I’ve made a lengthy list of things to do for the month of April. And for once it’s not “drink more water.”
So far I have:
-      Organize desk/office
o   Office really means guest room closet
o   And I’m bummed I didn’t have enough money to go shopping during The Container Store’s desk organization sale last week.
-      Organize garage/laundry room
o   My “laundry room” is tiny, so if I could organize my garage, it could help me maximize my laundry space.
o   I need shelving for detergent and such (it’s too heavy to put it on the shelf that’s already up there – it’s really high!)
-      Organize & use coupons better
o   On Ebay there’s a super cool coupon book I want to order.
o   Unfortunately, Kroger is no longer doubling and tripling their coupons so I may start shopping at Wal-Mart or Randalls. We’ll see…
o   I need to get a new computer so I can hook up my printer and print coupons
o   I need to not be lazy on Sundays and actually stop at the store to get a paper.
-      Wake up earlier
o   It has been taking me an hour to get to work, so leaving at 6:50 is no longer working for me. I need to be out the door by 6:30. Hopefully with Jay’s new schedule I can accomplish this!
o   My goal is to only take the Beltway (tollway) once a week.
**Today is April 1, and I did not do well!
-      Train dogs
o   This is a big one! One that will not be accomplished over a month. One that will take the most amount of patience and work.
o   They need to stop jumping on the furniture
o   We need to start crate training them thru the night so when the baby cries I won’t trip over them.
o   They need to learn not to jump.
o   They need to learn not to dig.
o   They need to learn not to scratch on the door incessantly even when I tell them “tough.”
o   They need to learn not to bolt out the door. Ideally, I’d love for them to stay in the front yard with leashes.
o   They need to walk with us better so I can walk them with the stroller.
o   Like I said, this is a big one!
The weekends in April are busy for us, so wish me luck!
April 2 – Church Group Mtg @ 5pm
April 16 – Church Teacher Training all day
April 24 – Easter Weekend – Going to Longview
April 28 – Leave for Seattle!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Good Luck!! Sounds like you will be super busy with all these things!

Hey, if you figure out how to keep your dogs from doing that, let me know. Lucy needs help too but I'm not motivated enough to figure out what she needs.

The only thing I can figure out to do is taking her/them out every day for a walk, in the hopes that they'll eventually calm down while I'm getting the leashes on them and then tiring them out at the same time so Lucy will sleep through the night.

Linz said...

Oh and also, I am totally lazy most of the time and end up not walking them...so yeah, maybe I should make some goals too.