Monday, April 11, 2011

Updates in Purple

April’s Resolutions:
-      Organize desk/office
o   Office really means guest room closet
§  Worked a little bit on this. I organized my gift wrapping. And I’m still throwing away/shredding bills from 2007/2008!
§  I worked on this Friday night. I got a lot done. I still have a trash and recycle and shred pile on the bed, but I believe I’ve gone through everything and found a place for it (somewhat). I still need to find a place for my printer… my desk has too much stuff on it. So obviously, I still have some work to do. But I did buy pretty wrapping paper so that I can hand-make magazine file thingys to put binders and such.
o   And I’m bummed I didn’t have enough money to go shopping during The Container Store’s desk organization sale last week.
-      Organize garage/laundry room
o   My “laundry room” is tiny, so if I could organize my garage, it could help me maximize my laundry space.
o   I need shelving for detergent and such (it’s too heavy to put it on the shelf that’s already up there – it’s really high!)
-      Organize & use coupons better
o   On Ebay there’s a super cool coupon book I want to order.
§  I got this! It will arrive this week!
o   Unfortunately, Kroger is no longer doubling and tripling their coupons so I may start shopping at Wal-Mart or Randalls. We’ll see…
o   I need to get a new computer so I can hook up my printer and print coupons
o   I need to not be lazy on Sundays and actually stop at the store to get a paper.
§  Still didn’t pick up a paper!
§  Picked up a Sunday paper! And clipped coupons! And organized a shopping list(s)!
-      Wake up earlier
o   It has been taking me an hour to get to work, so leaving at 6:50 is no longer working for me. I need to be out the door by 6:30. Hopefully with Jay’s new schedule I can accomplish this!
§  Took a shower last night. Saved time but have learned I MUST dry my hair at night as well.
§  Yeah, this just isn’t going to work. I still have to come up with a better plan.
o   My goal is to only take the Beltway (tollway) once a week.
§  Took HWY 6!
§  I took HWY 6 everyday last week but Tuesday!
§  I took the Beltway this morning :/
-      Train dogs
o   This is a big one! One that will not be accomplished over a month. One that will take the most amount of patience and work.
o   They need to stop jumping on the furniture
o   We need to start crate training them thru the night so when the baby cries I won’t trip over them.
o   They need to learn not to jump.
§  They did much better when Jay’s dad came over.
o   They need to learn not to dig.
o   They need to learn not to scratch on the door incessantly even when I tell them “tough.”
§  Learning to sit instead (without training!)
o   They need to learn not to bolt out the door. Ideally, I’d love for them to stay in the front yard without leashes.
o   They need to walk with us better so I can walk them with the stroller.
o   Like I said, this is a big one!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Look at the progress!
Go YOU!

Linz said...

I like seeing the progress you've made on the goals you've set for yourself! YAY Em!!