Friday, April 08, 2011

FBFF - April 8 - Trends for 2011

April 8: Spring Trend
What are the top 5 Spring trends that you are looking forward to
seeing/sporting this season? (Can be anything from makeup, shoes,
accessories, clothing, etc..)
Obviously, I’m not personally looking forward to the spring trends since I’ll be buying maternity clothes (and I don’t want to get “trendy” maternity clothes so that I can wear them in the future), BUT I do love looking at magazines! LC, TK, and I spent our lunch break at Target looking at all of the fashion magazines trying to get a handle on the 2011 trends. What we’ve found it that pretty much anything goes and the 90’s are coming back just much better looking (i.e. the chambray shirts, oxford shoes, loafers, blazers, small floral prints)! I decided to buy the PEOPLE Style Watch magazine because it’s less runway and more realistic. I get the whole point of runway, but I’m not imaginative enough to pull bits and pieces away, I just see a weird, non-realistic wardrobe on a weird, non-realistic stick person. Another reason I like PEOPLE Style Watch is that they’re “get this look for less” really is for less! GLAMOUR, for instance, goes from a $4000 outfit to a $400 outfit. $400 is not affordable, people!











P.S. I did this post old school.. I literally cut out the pics, taped them to white paper, hand wrote on them, scanned them, and uploaded them. So sorry for the quality :)

modlychic.com - i've yet to figure out the "button" tool.

2 comments:

Monique said...

I love orange at the moment too!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Linz said...

Love your picks, Em! And I know we can find some maternity pieces that incorporate these spring trends, can't wait to help you find them! :)

And I totally agree that I think all these retro trends coming back are much cuter this time around!