Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meet Ethan James!

He's waving to you with his eyes open

You can see his eyes, nose, and mouth pretty well. And his feet are in his face.

We found out we’re having a boy! Jay “almost” cried he was so happy to have an heir for the Strodes.
Ethan – is a name that we’ve both liked for years.
James – is his father’s father’s name and who Jay (James) is named after.
And we feel like it's a name that can be a jock, a nerd, a businessman... whatever he wants to be.
As I was going to Blogger, I saw this article and thought it was interesting.
Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny
We haven’t really thought seriously about the nursery or anything but I’m going to guess blue J
I’ll post options later that you can help me choose from.
By the way, this has been awesome to experience. I can honestly say that here was some… hesitation in me, especially when people asked if I was excited. But now I can say without a doubt that yes, I am excited! A recent mother from church something wrote on my Facebook wall that really helped me with my focus… “Kleinwood (our congregation) must need to breed new elders with all these boys coming.” It really helped me to re-focus. Yes, I have no clue how to take care of a baby and yes, I have no clue on how to raise a son, but I do know that I want to raise a gentleman that has a true love for the Lord. And that, my friends, is what I’m going to focus on! (I’ll probably need to go back and re-read this often!)

1 comment:

Linz said...

I can't wait to make you cute baby boy things and help you make some stuff for the nursery too! YAY for Ethan!