Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jonathan

Several months ago, back during the Chilean mine rescue actually, my family and I started an e-mail chain. We’re a close family in certain aspects, but we don’t talk on the phone to each other a lot, but we all have e-mail. We got this e-mail from my brother: (background on my brother: Jonathan is a doctor and Captain in the Air Force finishing up his residency at the Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, MS.)

I wanted to share with y'all one of the greatest compliments I've ever received. A patient of mine that I've had since I got here in July 2008 died this last week in our emergency room. She was 88. This is a quote from her obituary:

"Special 'thank yous' to USAF chaplain Werner his prayers and words of comfort, Keesler Medical Center for 45 years of providing health care for my mother; and to her favorite primary care physician, Jonathan L. Henderson (The Big Man from Texas), who in addition to being a highly-skilled professional, was kind, compassionate and attentive toward her; always treating her with the dignity and respect our senior members from the greatest generation so deserve."

My very poignant husband rights back:
That's really cool Jonathan.  I had a customer tell me I looked pregnant on Monday.

…still cracks me up. But I am very proud of my brother, I’m glad he’s serving our country and our sick.

1 comment:

Linz said...

Sweet and also hilarious!!