Tuesday, May 31, 2011

That's it! Photography!

I want to try to learn photography.
Going back to the original idea of my blog... trying new things, whether I think I'll be good at them or not.

I'm not creative. I don't have "an eye." I don't have patience. I don't have a nice camera.

But, what I do have is a child on the way, a blog to write, and a good friend (or more) and books to help me along the way.

What really inspired me is this book I found on Amazon: Mamarazzi: Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids

And this one says "capture the moments with 40 beautiful “photo recipes” anyone can do, with any camera"


Also, I'd really like to start blogging better. The best pictures I have on my rinky dink blog were taken by my husband in Seattle. And the reason they were taken by him was because he'd tell me "Take a picture!" and I'd retort back with "ugh... do I have to? I don't feel like it." (is it weird retort doesn't have an "h" in it... like rhetorical?! hmm...)

Where do I start? I think I need to learn the technicalities first, learn what I need to look for... angles, lighting, opportunities, etc.

Also, I need to find a way to incorporate my new adventure into my blog. What can I take pictures of to practice? CA is having another craft day next week that I can take pictures of since I don't have a "craft" to do.

I will say, I have taken one great picture. It was completely by accident, but I love it.
Emmitt when he was just a few weeks old.
Maybe this weekend (after payday and when my friends who are pretty good at pictures are in town) I can go to Half Price Books and look for some help.

Post any advice/encouragement for me!

2 comments:

Tami said...

I would LOVE to help! And since I'm still learning myself, we can do it together. hehe
Also, I have a credit at 1/2 price books we can use!
L.O.V.E. the pic of Emmitt. He was so little then. haha
I can't wait to see the two books you posted. They look amazing! And your pics will be, too. Just you wait and see.
We'll start with lighting, or angles. It's going to be so much fun!

Linz said...

I have always loved photography!! I took classes in high school and college and even considered Photo Journalism for a major, but I didn't like how photography as an art was so subjective so I gave up on the career option.

Natural lighting is the best way to start and as far as angles go, just get up close and try different things. I usually take 3 photos for every 1 photo I actually want. Even then, I don't always like any of the 3! This is a fun and easy craft for you to work on because it's something you can always do (as long as you have your camera) and something you can always improve on too!! :)