Thursday, May 05, 2011

Seattle Trip

We just got back from our “babymoon,” Seattle. We chose Seattle because my best friend of all time, Molly and her fiancé David, live there. She is getting married July 2nd, but because I’ll be too close to my due date, I won’t be able to go to her wedding. We arrived last Thursday, April 28th and left Tuesday morning, May 3rd 

Thursday when we arrived, Molly picked us up from the airport and we went to her wedding venue, the Georgetown Ballroom.

We stayed at their one bedroom apartment in Capitol Hill.
That night we went to the Space Needle or The Needs.(I forgot the camera, sorry!)

Friday was a decent day, weather-wise. We took their dog, Lance, to the Marymoor dog park. He had a blast and met many more dogs there.

We also went to the Public Market. There we ate at Athenian, where Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner ate in Sleepless in Seattle (which I want to re-watch now).



We got the see the first Starbucks open.
Kurt Cobain's memorial park

Troll from 10 Things I Hate About You

I also had a salted caramel Trophy cupcake Friday too! Very good but not as good as Susan’s.
Friday night we had “Texas night” where we ate homemade tacos, played Texas Hold ‘em, and listened to Texas Country music.
Saturday was a very busy day. On the “list,” we were supposed to do wedding things, but we got most of those accomplished. So instead, we went to Snoqualmie Falls.


And then we went into the summit and took pictures in the snow, which Jay had never been in “real” snow.


David tried to show us the snow was solid. That didn't work out too well.
When we got back to Seattle, we went to a Sounders game. Soccer is BIG in Seattle. Being from Texas, I don’t much about soccer, but it was cool being in an “Aggie” like environment. I can see why they try to call themselves the 12th man…. Although they’re not the original or the best.

TAPS (inside joke)
Sunday morning Molly and David drove us out to Kirkland, a ‘burb, to go to church. When we got home, we took “wedding pictures.” They're not the best pictures, but at least we get an idea of what it would have looked like if I were able to make it to her wedding.
After that, we went to Gasworks park. Remember when they play paintball in 10 Things I Hate About You? Yeah, that’s place! (I miss Heath Ledger.) The weather was absolutely beautiful. Of course, all of the Seattleites were in shorts while we were still dressed for freezing weather.

Our next activity was a dream come true. I can’t explain why, but I’ve always wanted to go sailing. This is what I was picturing I looked like, but it’s too cold for that! And I’m too pregnant!
The sail was very peaceful, but the most fun part was the sea lions. (trying to find the video, maybe I'll post it later)


Oh, and we had a Trader Joe dinner! I’ve always wanted to go to Trader Joe’s after reading Jen Lancaster’s book series.
Monday was a lazy day. I got a prenatal massage that morning and then came home and slept for a few hours. The weather cleared up right before we went to Salty’s – the place where they are having their rehearsal dinner. It wasn’t exactly “us,” but it was still enjoyable. I gave a toast to the happy couple and a massage gift card for them to relieve wedding stress.
As we were leaving, we met goslings!

This is from Alki beach, west Seattle.
This one as well. Thank you, Jay, for jumping out of the car to getting this picture.
More random pictures



Unfortunately, our vacay came to an end and they dropped us off early Tuesday morning. We got home and took a nap!
Oh, P.S. I started and finished Black Heels to Tractor Wheels! Very good, but the end scared me with all the baby-havin'. I'm making Jay read the last part just so he'll know what he's getting into.


2 comments:

Melinda Hathaway said...

So glad you got to go have a pre-wedding visit with Molly. Looks like you had a great trip!! I love all the pics!

Linz said...

That sounds like an amazing trip! I love that y'all took wedding pics together, that's so cute!!

Also, I didn't realize how many cool things are in Seattle and I totally wanna go there now!