Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ta-Da!


It didn’t take long at all to organize our closet. There’s still more things to do to make it perfect, but not necessary right now.


Last Monday I spent about an hour working on my closet. Most of my time was spent clearing off the shelves. We had a lot of unnecessary things on there (i.e. dealership license plate covers that we’re never going to use). 
Before

Before

After - shelves are clear!

Then I labeled 10 plastic shoe boxes. The shoes I use the most often I tried to leave in open boxes so I can just grab them in the morning and throw them in there in the evening. I also organized Jay’s side for his shoes (not pictured). The problem is he doesn’t put them back! But we’ll work on that! He hasn’t had as many shoes destroyed by the dogs as I have. 


I used the Real Simple purse organizer to empty that box pictured above.


With what little energy I had left I spent it on moving out board games from the nursery closet to ours. 
Then gave up, ate dinner, and plopped on the couch!
Tuesday, however, for about half an hour, I moved all of our wedding gifts over to our closet. It took such a long time because the presents were so large I had to make multiple trips. But I got it all organized with room to spare! Which is good because the nursery closet still isn’t cleaned out. I have boxes of frames, candles, vases, etc that I have no idea what to do with. 

That's all I got for now! Tomorrow I'll post my next goal.

No comments: