Sunday, June 05, 2011

Domestication Weekend


Jay and I had a great weekend with Robin and Ben. Robin is a friend from high school. She, 22 weeks pregnant, and her husband are moving to Iowa in a week so I don’t know the next time I’ll see her. Plus, iIt’s awesome that Jay and Ben get along so well, made me feel so much more relaxed.

We’ve never had guests at our house, other than my parents, so I was nervous. I barely cook dinner, I’ve never cooked breakfast before, I don’t clean very well (tomorrow’s post), etc. BUT I was able to clean a little bit before they came. But Saturday morning, I woke up at 7:30 and started cooking breakfast: pancakes from scratch, scrambled eggs, and microwaveable bacon (I don’t like to fry), and coffee. Then we went shopping and bought baby gifts. On Sunday morning, I woke up at 7 to bake blueberry muffins in my new maternity nightgown which Jay says I should be standing out in our front yard with a baby on my hip. But in my defense, my pajama pants don’t fit anymore! And it came with a robe I can wear in the hospital! Oh, I helped with the 3 year old bible class and after lunch went to a baby shower. Of course, I had to spend most of my evening cleaning the kitchen from all of the cooking. But it was worth it because it was tasty and gave me confidence. I'm one tiny step closer to being as good as my mom!

And now I’m blogging while watching How I Met Your Mother reruns because I can’t find the remote to watch Sleepless in Seattle that I ordered on Netflix.

Now I’m going to write tomorrow’s post.

3 comments:

Linz said...

Haha, you would be the cutest redneck woman/mom EVER! Y'all already live in Tomball, so that's kind of redneck to begin with.

Great job cooking for your friend, that's awesome!!

psbtw, did she like the wrap thing and think she'll use it?

Tami said...

Look at you go! Great job cooking and cleaning. You are going to be a fantastic mom. Breakfast is my favorite. mmmm...*sigh*

Ben and Robin said...

I am just catching up on some blogging, so I just read this! We had a lot of fun with you guys! I'm so glad we got to see you before heading up here! We are beginning to get settled. Just looking for a place to live. And birth. Ya know..that basics. :) You were a great hostess to us! Love you!