Saturday, February 26, 2011

It’s been months since I’ve blogged, I know you’re so disappointed! But I am going to try to do better! It's hard because I can't do it at work anymore and my home netbook is not efficient.

I’ve been busy, that’s for sure. After work, my brain hurts so bad I can’t think any intelligent thoughts. Fortunately, we’ve met our major work goal, so I think I may have time to breathe.
Even though I’ve yet to find my talent, I have been given a greater purpose – being a mother that raises a child to love and fear God.
Here’s a summary of what I’ve been up to:
November:
-          Made a banner for Susan’s shower.  I told Susan to keep the banner. Not necessarily for Eli, but proof that, yes, Emily made something.

-          25th birthday
-     Painted our guest bathroom. Funny story: so it's about 8 am and my mom and I are taping and getting the tiny bathroom ready to paint. I had already gotten the paint can open and stirred it waiting to begin. However, my mom didn't know I had opened it... so she shook it! Purple paint went EVERYWHERE! It wasn't funny at the time so I couldn't take a picture without devestating my mom, so imagine the entire floor covered in a thick layer of purple paint. You can kind of tell the grout is still purple. The bathroom is so small I can't really show you the walls. haha.

            And even the walls and for of the "hallway." This is after cleaning up a little bit. We had to paint the walls here too to cover the purple.


-          2 year wedding anniversary
December:
-          Went to Great Wolf Lodge and the Gaylord Texan with my family December 16th… for some reason I was exhausted the entire time


My mom, Krista, and Matthew with their parkas on during the ice show
-          Found out on December 17th why I was so exhausted… I was 6 weeks pregnant! No matter what they tell you, you can still get pregnant after missing two days of the pill even though you’ve been on it for years!
-          Only used 3-4 tags that I made back in October for my Christmas presents.
-          I wanted to blog about gift wrapping, but the super cute Target paper gave me such a fit (and the fact that I cannot cut in a straight line to save my life), I gave up and used bags
-          I made the tray thingy for my sister. She seemed to like it, of course because I don’t like anything I do, it was just “ok.”

-     Sent out our Christmas card

-          Told both of our families of the good news. They, of course, were super excited. It will be the first  great-grandchild, first grandchild for Jay’s family. We told my family by giving my nephews shirts that said “I’m going to be a big cousin." I need to see if anyone has pictures.
January
-          My parents came and helped complete my guest bathroom and worked on the guest room. Once the room is complete I'll take pictures.
-          Started couponing. I need to get my grocery budget down drastically. I even went to a class presented by Tiffany at http://www.mylitter.com/
-          I’m in a recipe club now! We meet every month to exchange recipes. Thankfully I don’t have to actually make anything until December.
In the Future
-          I want to organize all of my “stuff” in the guest room so that the guests actually have room to walk around
-          I need to perfect my couponing skills
-          My best friend Molly and I are talking about a fashion blog. We both love fashion, but not so great at shopping for ourselves.  
Going through my “BLOG” folder on my work computer, I’ve realized I’ve actually written a lot of blog entries but never posted them! Oops! Maybe I’ll recycle them in the future.

1 comment:

Linz said...

You've been super busy!!

Plus you're growing a human being at the same time, go you! :)

Remember how you want to come to a craft day hosted by me sometime? K, thanks.