Saturday, September 25, 2010

Talent...hmmm

What is talent? How will I know when I find it?

Does it come naturally or will I have to work on it?

What about passion? I don't think I want a talent without passion. (but beggars can't be choosers)

Am I searching for passion instead?

Maybe I just need to find something I'm comfortable with. For instance, what if I discover I can go up to strangers, introduce myself clearly, and not stumble over my words? It's not really a talent per se. I don't think it would be a passion either, but it may be just what I need to fulfill my God-given purpose.

Speaking of introducing myself.... I hate that!
[imaginary conversation]
New Person: Hi. How are you? My name is Jane.
Me [looking down]: mly
New Person: Amy?
Me [looking embarrassed]: No, Em-i-ly.
New Person: Oh, nice to meet you. So, Emily, what do you like to do for fun? What are your hobbies?
Me: Uh... well.... um.... I don't really have any. Most weeknights are spent lying on the couch watching tv, and most weekends are spent cleaning house.
New Person: So you like cleaning the house?
Me: No, I hate it with a passion. (oh hey! I do have a passion!)
New Person: Oh, ok. Well.... um... it was nice meeting you. Good luck with that TV watching!
Me [hanging head in shame]: ...thanks.
[Scene]

My goal: I want to attempt at least two new talents a month. Unfortunately, I cannot afford, time and money wise, to do more than that. BUT I will post in between those times. Don't you worry! :)

Caveat: you may find whining in some of my posts, but hopefully you'll see my true, deep-down joy that I have in my heart...and thankfully, I can laugh at myself. It will be like watching Meet the Parents; you cringe every time he screws up, but laugh and keep on watching.

No comments: